Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Do i have diabetes????? PLEASE HELP ME!!!?!?!?!?

It doesn't sound to me like you have diabetes, because if you did you would defiantly know that something was wrong. Since your young if you did have diabetes, it would more than likely be Type 1 diabetes. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes back in 2006 and I had barley turned 20. The symptoms that I experienced were: thirst - I drank 6-10 two liters a day, hunger- I would eat about 9 large meals a day and snack in between. I would feel very hungry and thirsty, but throw up my food because my stomach was so full (& I had unknown high blood sugar). I was exhausted all of the time.. I would walk a few steps and I had to catch my breath, like I just ran a mile. Another symptom for me was weight loss. The more carbs I ate- the more weight I lost. This being because my body couldn't use it's insulin for energy; so it ate away at my fat and muscles to convert them into energy. If you had diabetes or were developing it- they would be strong signs. You would also have no trouble loosing weight, if you had undiagnosed type 1 diabetes. The weight would shed off you. I lost over 50 lbs. in 2 months due to this. It sounds to me like you are following a healthy diet and maybe your body isn't loosing weight because a.) you are at your ideal weight and your body plateaued and 2.) your growing and you are a teenager and both of these factors actually increase your Kcal/ calories needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment